Thursday 20 September 2012

Something I've never considered

One thing that I've never considered since I've lived in urban America all my life is public works in less developed countries. Imagine my surprise when I found out that even though there is a seemingly similar toilet  in Morocco, that I am not able to flush my toilet paper. Their system is just not set up to handle that added material. Though, this is only a predicament you run into when there is actually a toilet. On many occasions, I have found the simplistic hole in the ground in a very tiny room sufficing for a restroom. I've learned that you can't always assume things are the same just because they look the same - and breaking habit of something you've never mentally had to think about before is incredibly difficult. Just a small thought for the day. More pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment